Have you ever felt guilty leaving your furry friend behind while you go on vacation? The days of kennels and pet sitters are long gone, and today’s dog owners are seeking hotels that cater to their four-legged companions. In this informative article, we’ll guide you through the top dog friendly hotels and reveal what to look for when booking your next getaway. So, pack your bags and get ready to embark on an adventure both you and your pup will never forget!
Table of Contents
Why Choose a Dog-Friendly Hotel?
The bond between a dog and its owner is like no other. As the saying goes, “a dog is a man’s best friend.” It’s only natural to want to include your dog in your vacation plans. By choosing a dog-friendly hotel, you’ll be able to create unforgettable memories with your pet by your side. Plus, you’ll save money on pet-sitting or boarding fees, and your dog will be much happier in a new and exciting environment.
Who wouldn’t want to see their dog’s tail wagging with excitement?
What to Look For in a Dog-Friendly Hotel
When it comes to finding the perfect dog-friendly hotel, keep these essential factors in mind:
Amenities and Services
Look for hotels that provide:
- Comfortable dog beds
- Food and water bowls
- Toys and treats
- Dog-walking services
- Doggy daycare or playgroups
- Access to a designated pet relief area
Dog Policies and Restrictions
Before booking, be aware of:
- Additional pet fees
- Weight, breed, or size restrictions
- The number of dogs allowed per room
- Required vaccinations and health documentation
Consider the overall atmosphere of the hotel and its surroundings. Ask yourself:
- Is the hotel located near parks, beaches, or other dog-friendly attractions?
- Are there any off-leash areas or dog parks nearby?
- Is the hotel situated in a quiet and safe neighborhood?
- Does the hotel have plenty of green space for your dog to explore?
8 Top Dog-Friendly Hotel Chains
We have compiled a list of the top 5 dog-friendly hotel chains that will ensure a comfortable and enjoyable stay for you and your furry companion.
Each hotel chain offers unique perks and services, so you can choose the ideal option for your next adventure.
- Best Western Hotels & Resorts Locations: Multiple locations across the United States and internationally
Best Western Hotels & Resorts is known for its commitment to offering pet-friendly accommodations in many of their locations. With over 1,600 pet-friendly hotels worldwide, you can easily find a suitable place to stay with your furry friend. Most Best Western properties welcome two dogs per room, with a maximum weight limit of 80 lbs per dog.
Pet policies and fees may vary by location, so it’s always a good idea to check with the specific hotel before booking.
- La Quinta by Wyndham Locations: Multiple locations across the United States and internationally
La Quinta by Wyndham is a popular hotel chain that prides itself on being dog-friendly. With more than 800 pet-friendly properties across the United States, Canada, and Latin America, La Quinta offers a comfortable and affordable stay for both you and your canine companion. Most La Quinta locations allow up to two pets per room, with no additional pet fees.
Some restrictions may apply, so be sure to contact the hotel directly to confirm their pet policy.
- Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Locations: Multiple locations across the United States and internationally
Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants is a boutique hotel chain that stands out for its unique approach to pet-friendly accommodations. With no extra pet fees or size restrictions, Kimpton hotels warmly welcome all pets, from cats and dogs to birds and reptiles. Each Kimpton property offers various pet amenities, such as pet beds, food and water bowls, and even a pet-friendly happy hour called “Yappy Hour.”
Be sure to check with the specific hotel for their unique pet offerings.
- Aloft Hotels by Marriott Locations: Multiple locations across the United States and internationally
Aloft Hotels, a trendy and modern hotel chain by Marriott, offers a unique pet-friendly program called “Arf” (Animals R Family). This program ensures that pets are treated like family, with special amenities like pet beds, toys, and treats. Most Aloft hotels welcome dogs up to 40 lbs, with no additional pet fees.
However, it’s always a good idea to confirm the pet policy with the specific location before booking.
- Red Roof Inn Locations: Multiple locations across the United States
Red Roof Inn is an affordable hotel chain that offers pet-friendly accommodations at over 500 locations throughout the United States. Their pet policy allows one well-behaved pet per room, with no additional fees or size restrictions.
Red Roof Inn’s commitment to welcoming pets makes it a budget-friendly option for travelers looking for a cozy stay with their furry friends.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites by IHG Locations: Multiple locations across the United States and internationally
Holiday Inn Express & Suites, a well-known hotel chain by IHG, offers pet-friendly accommodations in many of its locations. With spacious rooms and modern amenities, both you and your furry companion can enjoy a comfortable stay. Most Holiday Inn Express & Suites properties welcome up to two pets per room, with weight and size restrictions depending on the hotel.
Pet fees may apply, so be sure to check the specific pet policy and fees at the location you’re interested in.
- Extended Stay America Locations: Multiple locations across the United States
Extended Stay America is an ideal choice for travelers looking for pet-friendly accommodations during longer trips. With over 600 properties across the United States, this hotel chain offers spacious suites with fully-equipped kitchens, perfect for both you and your canine companion. Most Extended Stay America hotels allow up to two pets per room, with a maximum weight of 36 lbs per pet.
Additional pet fees may apply, and it’s essential to check with the specific hotel for their pet policy and fees.
- Staybridge Suites by IHG Locations: Multiple locations across the United States and internationally
Staybridge Suites, another excellent option by IHG, is a hotel chain designed for extended stays and offers pet-friendly accommodations. With spacious suites, fully-equipped kitchens, and comfortable living areas, you and your dog will feel right at home. Most Staybridge Suites properties allow up to two pets per room, with varying weight and size restrictions.
Pet fees may apply, so be sure to contact the hotel directly to confirm their pet policy and fees.
Preparing for Your Stay
To ensure a smooth and enjoyable trip, take the following steps before embarking on your adventure:
- Update your dog’s vaccinations and gather health documentation if required by the hotel.
- Ensure your dog is microchipped and has updated ID tags.
- Pack essentials such as a leash, harness, food, medications, and favorite toys.
- Research local pet-friendly activities, restaurants, and attractions.
Making the Most of Your Trip
During your stay, keep these tips in mind for a paw-some experience:
- Adhere to hotel pet policies and respect other guests.
- Supervise your dog in public spaces and clean up after them.
- Set aside time each day for play, exercise, and relaxation with your dog.
- Capture memories by taking photos of your dog enjoying their vacation.
Questions to Ask the Hotel
Before booking a dog-friendly hotel, be sure to get answers to the following questions:
- Are there additional fees for dogs?
- Are there weight, breed, or size restrictions for dogs?
- What amenities and services are available for dogs?
- Are there designated pet relief areas on the property?
- What are the hotel’s policies regarding leaving a dog unattended in the room?
- Are there any local dog-friendly beaches, attractions, parks, or activities nearby?
In conclusion, choosing a dog-friendly hotel allows you and your furry friend to create unforgettable memories together. When searching for the perfect hotel, consider amenities, services, hotel policies, and the surrounding environment.
Prepare for your stay by gathering necessary documentation and packing essentials, then make the most of your trip by exploring local pet-friendly attractions and adhering to hotel policies.
By asking the right questions and following the advice in this article, you’ll be well on your way to the vacation of a lifetime with your canine companion.
So, why not start planning your next dog friendly adventure today?